Monday, October 12, 2009

...after a long vacation and you want to feel like a New Yorker again.

Abe and Arthur's
409 West 14th St.
(Between 9th and 10th)

You never know what you have until it's gone. Usually people say that about a relationship, a job, or maybe an STD - But for me a few days ago, it meant a good beer, a good steak, and a good dessert. After I came back from a trip overseas, where everything I ate seemed to taste like lamb and yogurt, I was in serious need for some good American food and to reconnect with New York. I found it at Abe and Arthur's.

Located in the heart of the Meatpacking district, you are thrown right back into the hip and hectic vibe of the city. The staff is beautiful, the music is great, and the food is fantastic. What else can you ask for after a trip to the Congo, or Shanghai, or Kansas?

The menu is substantial, but my recommendations are the Sliders, the Rib Eye for two, and the Mac and Cheese. And you can not miss the best part of the meal - dessert. At Abe and Arthur's they serve a Ferris Wheel of donuts. Yup, I said it. These perfectly warm and soft fritters are served with two small squeeze bottles, one cream, and one jelly, and you use them to "inject" your donut with whichever flavor suits you best. Oh man...I'm weak just thinking about it.

Tip: If you aren't paying attention, your bill can easily get to the $100 per person mark - but if you have to trim - cut back on the $12 sides and the $14 cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!