Sunday, November 1, 2009

...to spend a rainy Sunday afternoon.

Chelsea Market
75 9th Avenue
Between 15th and 16th Street

I hate sunny Sundays - with all the getting up at a reasonable hour, the showering, the walking aimlessly around the city, and the guilt that I didn't "take advantage of the weather". No way. Give me a rainy Sunday any Sunday. Give me movies on the couch, snacking and napping. And maybe - give me ONE place to go to get a great variety of food, without having to get wet - give me Chelsea Market.

Chelsea Market is a one floor mall that is home to an incredible variety of food shops - from fresh bread to fresh lobster. I love to walk it's simple layout, and stop at each place and get one small thing to eat. You can get out of there spending $30 and have a delicious meal. It's a great place for a date, when parents are in town, or even just by yourself to kill a couple hours.

I suggest:
The free wine tastings at Chelsea Wine Vault
The Spicy Noodles at Chelsea Thai
The soup at The Lobster Place
The chocolate chip cookies at Eleni's
The stracciatella gelato at L'Arte Del Gelato

Tip: If you feel like getting adventurous (and much more costly), get an appetizer at some of the city's best restaurants, like Buddhakan, Del Posto, and Morimoto, all located on the periphery of the Market.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!