Sunday, May 23, 2010

when your obsession with pasta has resulted in a court order to stay at least 500 feet away from Mario Batali.

Lupa
170 Thompson Street
Between Houston and Bleeker

Remember Mark Walberg in Fear? Remember how crazy he got over Reese Witherspoon? Well that's how I feel about Mario Batali. If he ever tries to break up with me and won't let me into his restaurants, the things I would do...especially after what we did on that roller coaster.

I've tried to find someone else; I've played the field. I had a relationship with some Italian supermodels like uber-high end Marea and Convivio, but as I'm sitting there pretending to smile while eating - I find myself thinking about the moments I had with Mario. I just can't shake him out of my head. It's like he's the only one who gets me.

Last week I snuck into his Roman cuisine inspired Lupa and had the Carbonara and the Salt and Pepper pasta. It was heaven. It was incredibly luscious, flavorful, silky - the best pasta I've had all year. The atmosphere is warm and bustling with tables pushed tightly together. If you are in the large front room, it's possible for the crowded bar area to spill over into your personal space. That's how it's done in Rome - so that's how they do it here.

So no matter how many letters they send me, how many judgments are passed, or how many times I'm tackled by security while trying to cut off a piece of his hair for my Mario hair doll - I will never stop loving his pasta, especially the gems on the menu at Lupa. Remember Mario - Love is forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!